In full disclosure, I need to give all credit where credit is due. This recipe is straight from the webpage AHealthyLifeforMe.com. But it just sounds so yummy and so simple that I couldn’t help to to share it with you. It’s made up of a few ingredients and requires almost no cooking! Isn’t that the best?
Veggie trays are found at quite a few gatherings and potlucks but are usually accompanied by some not so healthy sides. So if you’re headed off to somewhere and need something quick to make, try this out! I’ll be making this for Easter Sunday along with a simple green salad.
- 3 cups raw broccoli, cut into small florets and stems
- 3 medium garlic cloves. peeled
- 2/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- Cook the broccoli by pouring 3/4 cup water into a large pot and bringing it to a simmer. Add a big pinch of salt and stir in the broccoli. Cover and cook for a minute, just long enough to take the raw edge off. Transfer the broccoli to a strainer and run under cold water until it stops cooking.
- Add broccoli, garlic, the almonds, Parmesan cheese, salt, and lemon juice in a food processor. Drizzle in the olive oil while machine is running, once blended and ricotta cheese and pulse until smooth.